Top 5 Things to Do for Your Godchild
I am blessed to be a godparent. The day each of my godchildren was baptized continues to be a special place in my heart. The smell of the chrism placed on top of their head and chest reminds me of the promise of the heavens! As I was given the gift to guide my godchild, as they got older, I grasped for ways to connect the commitment and faith I promised on that special day.
How could I connect and give reminders and tools they need for today in this challenging world?
I have been blessed with five beautiful godchildren whom I pray for every day. However, I do need help at times with reminders that they are loved, and I need ways to point them to Jesus.
So, I began doing some research, and this is what I found:
- PRAY for your godchild every day. Put a note on your bathroom mirror to stop and pray for them, and leave that note up until the practice becomes a habit.
- SHOW UP! Make an effort to say yes to every invitation from your godchild: birthdays, graduations, weddings, etc.
- Be an EXAMPLE. Go to Mass together, pray before a meal, and pray as you say goodbye.
- Remind them how happy you are to be their godparent – send them a note or a special treat.
- ALWAYS POINT TO GOD through phone calls, visits, and cards.
Bonus - REMIND THEM they are blessed, loved, and never alone. This reminder can be a simple text, “God Loves you, and so do I.”
I am so grateful to bring you the Godchild Subscription Blessing Box beginning January 2024. Click HERE to find out more!
—Amy D'Ambra/MSMH Founder and Co-Owner